Database Specialist- Winnsboro, TX
Team Worldwide is a diversified logistics provider that offers “best in class” solutions for its customers around the globe. Since the company’s inception in 1979, Team Worldwide has evolved from the traditional airfreight forwarder into a Global Logistics Provider.
Team Worldwide has an opportunity for a Database Specialist to join our Team. This role is comprised of MySql development, database optimization, query optimization, developer support, reporting and data warehousing.
This position plays a key role in driving our business forward by creating, optimizing and supporting databases in addition to supporting and assisting our software development team. In addition to supporting new application development the position will also support existing databases and work with the development team to assist in the planning and design of applications and programs.
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy databases
- Modify databases and perform database testing
- Perform database programming and support systems design
- Work with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Work with network and systems administration team to ensure security and reliability
- Interface with our reporting team to ensure data warehousing objectives are met
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Production experience with Percona tools is highly desired.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a proven track record of error free work
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Adept at cross-functional collaboration
- Good work ethic with the ability to work within a team and independently
- Ability to prioritize and handle a number of high priority projects simultaneously and effectively
- Strong technical aptitude in learning new software quickly
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Team Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer.